Pioneer e-mail

Started by OMG, November 07, 2020, 12:44:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on November 08, 2020, 04:02:29 AM
No, maybe tell Neil, "What is this I hear that you are not paying your drivers matrons for staying home after catching the virus while they're on quarantine, I pay you pretty damn handsomely and you're getting pretty fat off the city."

Come on, man. You know that would never happen. They have no say in Neil's agreement with 1181 and you certainly know they couldn't care less about us.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

Worth a try, then come to work sick. Fuck it

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on November 08, 2020, 01:49:29 PM
Worth a try, then come to work sick. Fuck it

Nah ... THEY tell you when you can come back to work.

PROUD MEMBER

As far as senior employees go as per our contract we do not get sick days. I believe that any contract negates any state law as far as sick days go. So if you're out sick for any reason including COVID-19 we're not getting paid unless I would ASSUME POSSIBLY if you can PROVE that you contracted the virus or have to quarantine because you were in close contact to someone on the job. In this case you could possibly also file for Compensation Pay. Also if one of us does have to quarantine he/she should look into the Paid Family Leave Insurance that we pay into every week.
PS If someone (which I agree with Buzz, shouldn't do) decides to forward this email to an outside agency I recommend NOT using the words Vacation Pay. We Do Not EVER receive vacation pay. We receive Accrual Pay.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on November 08, 2020, 04:07:04 PM
PS If someone (which I agree with Buzz, shouldn't do) decides to forward this email to an outside agency I recommend NOT using the words Vacation Pay. We Do Not EVER receive vacation pay. We receive Accrual Pay.

Good catch!

OMG

Well, so far everyone I've spoken to feels the same as I do. Mild symptoms, not getting tested and coming to work. Period!

faceit

I agree I'll wear my mask and stay away from everyone
All lives matter

Buzz

Well, I can tell you this. It is the union's position that if you have been ordered by the company or a city agency to quarantine, that you have to be paid according to federal law. (Not because your doctor said or because you "think" you came in contact with someone who has the virus.)

Also, you cannot return to work ... even if they company tells you to ... until the city's Test & Trace person on your case says you can return to work.

Hammer2161

I have now read that email countless times and I believe there is a double message within the letter. From what I read and understand wether you get paid or not is going to depend on how you contract the virus. I believe if it happens while in the course of work or your everyday life then you will be eligible to be paid under the Covid Pay Bill.

But if you choose to travel over the holidays and comeback and have to quarantine then you will be subject to the use of sick days that will be deducted from your June accrual checks. The difference as I see it is willing full negligence and everyday life. That is why the guidelines are listed if you choose to leave the state and travel anywhere other than NY, NJ PA Connecticut and Massachusetts.

Buzz

I don't know what you're seeing, but even before it mentions anything about travel it says:

"If you are ordered by the DOE to quarantine, you must comply. As a company we do not take this lightly since the CBA governs that any sick time taken by employees will be deducted from wage accruals issued in June. We realize most employees are still recovering economically from the furlough and the quarantine will ultimately impact your pocket."

Hammer2161

Yes I have read that several times but it also states this,

With the holidays approaching also want to remind you of the COVID-19 Travel Advisory. We know the holidays are traditionally the time we love to spend with our families, but please keep in mind any voluntary travel out of the country or to states on the travel advisory which prompts a quarantine does not qualify for COVID quarantine pay. This is not only our policy, but also the law. 

That is where I am kind of confused, it never really states what would be considered COVID Quarantine Pay and what would constitute sick days. It sought of implies to me that if it happens in the course of voluntary travel you would not get paid you would need to use sick days.

I think they write this shit like this just to cause friction !!!!

Buzz

I see what you mean. Getting sick due to travel would disqualify us for COVID-19 pay, which they previously said we're not getting anyway. It is confusing.

LMR

To the last point,that is correct and refers only to those who choose to travel outside the state you will have to quarantine at your own expense.Spoke to a union rep today and if you are out due to Covid-19 you will be paid the same as you do every week but on your pay stub it will show Covid Quarantine. Calm down everybody 😳

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on November 09, 2020, 06:19:37 PM
To the last point,that is correct and refers only to those who choose to travel outside the state you will have to quarantine at your own expense.Spoke to a union rep today and if you are out due to Covid-19 you will be paid the same as you do every week but on your pay stub it will show Covid Quarantine. Calm down everybody 😳

Yes, as I said above, that's what the union's position is ... but it's not what the letter says. They're apparently not on the same page on this.

faceit

Quote from: Buzz on November 09, 2020, 06:54:25 PM
Quote from: LMR on November 09, 2020, 06:19:37 PM

Yes, as I said above, that's what the union's position is ... but it's not what the letter says. They're apparently not on the same page on this.
SURPRISED?
All lives matter