Do NOT Pay for Medicals, Classes, or anything else

Started by Buzz, July 30, 2020, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

And your correct as well it is basically like splitting hairs. We will see what things they let slide for the immediate future because we all know it's going to be impossible for us to get everything done if they wait much longer to give us a definitive start date. It's funny how they turn the other cheek when it benefits them.

rc1790

As far as I can tell your license requirements are your problem. Maintaining your driving status is not the company's responsibility. They don't pay our license fees or medical fees. If we don't get back to work, your cdl license can help with work elsewhere. The only thing from the unions position is they probably don't want to reimburse you for the medical. I just did my medical. Would you rather wait and try to get it done with thousands of other drivers in September?

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on July 30, 2020, 09:15:48 PM
Quote from: yabba on July 30, 2020, 09:11:56 PM
we need dr aqua to come out of retirement....he can do 1/2 company before the pm run... ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL ... he can't rinse out those cups to re-use fast enough!

you hit the lotto if you got a rinsed one... :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on July 30, 2020, 09:43:25 PM
As far as I can tell your license requirements are your problem. Maintaining your driving status is not the company's responsibility. They don't pay our license fees or medical fees. If we don't get back to work, your cdl license can help with work elsewhere. The only thing from the unions position is they probably don't want to reimburse you for the medical. I just did my medical. Would you rather wait and try to get it done with thousands of other drivers in September?

That's fine, but some people may not have the money to lay out at this time. Just no one should feel intimidated by the company because they were sent the notice, that's all.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Buzz, there are doctors that take your insurance for the medical. Co pay at most. If people wait until we go back to work, they still wouldn't have a paycheck. I didn't find the medical papers intimidating.A reminder at most. I'd rather have peace of mind. It's a matter of keeping your cdl in order. I don't think drivers who do not have medicals can drive. It's a federal law not the city or the companies.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on July 30, 2020, 11:52:59 PM
Buzz, there are doctors that take your insurance for the medical. Co pay at most. If people wait until we go back to work, they still wouldn't have a paycheck. I didn't find the medical papers intimidating.A reminder at most. I'd rather have peace of mind. It's a matter of keeping your cdl in order. I don't think drivers who do not have medicals can drive. It's a federal law not the city or the companies.

Glad it worked out for you that way. It may not for everybody depending on the coverage. Understand what you're saying about the CDL of course, and that is good for 2 years so it depends on when your 2 years are up also.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.