Do NOT Pay for Medicals, Classes, or anything else

Started by Buzz, July 30, 2020, 05:30:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on July 30, 2020, 07:41:07 PM
"Not your problem"

This might be be Buzz adding his two cents, or it was said by Ernie. Either way it is wrong. Individually, we must make informed, researched and common sense decisions. In my time here Ernie has given more erroneous information than factual, (it might not be his fault).  Andy has given none at all.

That was my two cents. Didn't mean to be misleading.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 30, 2020, 07:46:53 PM
Of course ur not the enemy but as the Administrator of this site many people take your word and listen to your word. When you state that the company should pay for your medical (true or not true) and quite possibly even the refresher course and that it's NOT YOUR PROBLEM, I assure you there will be some that will not get their medical (55 day extension or not) if they have to pay for it and that's no matter when school opens. Then when hopefully it's time to return to work those individuals that don't have their medicals and/or CDLs up to date and are told SORRY we can't help you. What are they supposed to say
We'll Buzz said NOT MY PROBLEM.
We are all adults and we are all Professional CDL Bus Drivers and of course our Medicals and CDL Licenses are OUR PROBLEM.

My word doesn't count any more or less than anybody else's, admin or not. But it's not me saying that, it's a reminder from Ernie that he asked me to post. The company stopped paying for your benefits which reimbursed you for most of the cost of a physical. If you want to pay for something they should be paying for, nobody is stopping you. Remember, it's their problem too if they don't have drivers in compliance.

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 30, 2020, 07:46:53 PM
Of course ur not the enemy but as the Administrator of this site many people take your word and listen to your word. When you state that the company should pay for your medical (true or not true) and quite possibly even the refresher course and that it's NOT YOUR PROBLEM, I assure you there will be some that will not get their medical (55 day extension or not) if they have to pay for it and that's no matter when school opens. Then when hopefully it's time to return to work those individuals that don't have their medicals and/or CDLs up to date and are told SORRY we can't help you. What are they supposed to say
We'll Buzz said NOT MY PROBLEM.
We are all adults and we are all Professional CDL Bus Drivers and of course our Medicals and CDL Licenses are OUR PROBLEM.

proud member im not saying you would...but noone should ever claim Buzz said this or Buzz said that...im thankful for this site,and i may not agree we everyones thoughts on many issues, but honestly i have talked with many members lately who are very discouraged with the lack of communication from 1181.. in the past 3 weeks we have heard many rumors or truth in news papers and word of mouth,about no general ed,city buying out companies,master pick...and not a word from OUR union...kind of scary....  now we lodt the 600 a week from feds,now reality is setting in and members are getting scared...our benefits we taken away in the matter of a day or 2..we went from we good at 85% to oh no your out in the street...the boss is holding many members vacation pay and opt out money...so i appreciate your little glimmer of hope and all the info buzz tries to get for us,cause if not for this site many of us would be in the dark completly....

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on July 30, 2020, 07:41:40 PM
I pay anyway so what's the difference ?

You don't fill out the form to get partial reimbursement from the union? I usually get 50-something dollars back.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on July 30, 2020, 08:07:18 PM
...so i appreciate your little glimmer of hope and all the info buzz tries to get for us,cause if not for this site many of us would be in the dark completly....

Thanks for the vote of confidence, yabba. I let people speak their mind whether of not they agree with me and vice-versa. Seems fair to me.

LMR

Buzz you're not responsible for any confusion about getting the medical on our own.To be honest when I received the medical packet in the mail, I automatically determined to get it done as usual. I never even considered about the reimbursement at the time. I just figured that would come down the road. I just figured it would be wise to keep everything current.Thanks for the work you do on this site Brother!

wheresmymoney!

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on July 30, 2020, 08:41:53 PM
Ive always paid for my medical before

I'm confused because I through 19a medicals were always out for pocket? I went for
Mine two months ago and paid my Dr out of pocket. Also I have a wheels on the bus certificate class I'm going to next week that I was told is 200 dollars so am
I not supposed to pay for that lol

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on July 30, 2020, 08:54:26 PM

I'm confused because I through 19a medicals were always out for pocket? I went for
Mine two months ago and paid my Dr out of pocket. Also I have a wheels on the bus certificate class I'm going to next week that I was told is 200 dollars so am
I not supposed to pay for that lol

OK ... If you fill out the reimbursement form for the medical the union will send you partial reimbursement. I usually get around $50 back.

As for the Wheels on the Bus ... assume you're talking about the 30 hour class. Yes, everybody pays for that. What I was talking about was the 2(?) hour safety refresher class.

Buzz

Seems like a lot of people don't know they can get partial reimbursement from the union. Next time, ask Andy for the form.

yabba

we need dr aqua to come out of retirement....he can do 1/2 company before the pm run... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

Quote from: LMR on July 30, 2020, 08:28:38 PM
Buzz you're not responsible for any confusion about getting the medical on our own.To be honest when I received the medical packet in the mail, I automatically determined to get it done as usual. I never even considered about the reimbursement at the time. I just figured that would come down the road. I just figured it would be wise to keep everything current.Thanks for the work you do on this site Brother!

Everybody should do as they see fit. Ernie was just trying to convey that they do not have to get their physicals at this time at their own expense but he didn't say anybody was prohibited from doing so.

Thanks for the kudos!

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on July 30, 2020, 09:11:56 PM
we need dr aqua to come out of retirement....he can do 1/2 company before the pm run... ;D ;D ;D ;D

LOL ... he can't rinse out those cups to re-use fast enough!

Hammer2161

I am going to add my two cents as well, if you actually look at your medical as far as DMV is concerned it is good for 2 years not one. Maybe and again just maybe they are going to extend your expiring medical to the actual date that's on your certificate. It's the DOE and Pioneer that require it once a year not the DMV. Food for thought everyone.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on July 30, 2020, 09:19:56 PM
I am going to add my two cents as well, if you actually look at your medical as far as DMV is concerned it is good for 2 years not one. Maybe and again just maybe they are going to extend your expiring medical to the actual date that's on your certificate. It's the DOE and Pioneer that require it once a year not the DMV. Food for thought everyone.

You are partially correct, sir. Every 2 years for 19-A (unless certain medical conditions) but yearly for school bus drivers. This is a NYS Education Department requirement as well as DOE.