Claim Unemployment! Today April 19

Started by Buzz, April 19, 2020, 12:10:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

EVERYBODY should claim UI today/this week!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

First thing it says when log on is if you have an existing claim you don't get stimulus relief? In yellow lettering? Buzz? Any thoughts?

OnTime

Good Morning

I claimed for 1 day last week and got 540 extra

PROUD MEMBER

wheresmymoney
I keep looking on the Unemployment page and I don't see where it says that if you have an existing claim that you will not receive stimulus. Furthermore if you look at On Time's post he shows you that he got the extra money.

WigWag16

Just filed my claim again for this week. Had to put down the 8th as last day of work again,
fein number again as well other info we had to write in last week

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 19, 2020, 02:48:00 PM
wheresmymoney
I keep looking on the Unemployment page and I don't see where it says that if you have an existing claim that you will not receive stimulus. Furthermore if you look at On Time's post he shows you that he got the extra money.

If you have an existing claim you DO receive the extra $600 automatically. I know I posted this before but here ... https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/cares-act.shtm

WigWag16

Yes I had an existing claim, I got 1 Day from pioneer and an extra 540 last week.
Guess they taxed 40 dollars of the 600. You can check view payments

wheresmymoney!

When i went on to file it didnt ask last day of work or return date.  It just said "you havent received benefits since feb 2020 is that bcz you worked"?.  I clicked yes.  Then it just said its been submitted for processing.  That never happened b4.  Did anyone else see this?

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 19, 2020, 01:02:41 PM
First thing it says when log on is if you have an existing claim you don't get stimulus relief? In yellow lettering? Buzz? Any thoughts?

That notice is for PUA ... which does not apply to us. If you have an open book you get the extra $600 automatically. If you have to open a new book you have to say you're out of work due to COVID-19.

Again, I know I posted this before ... https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/cares-act.shtm
Follow the flow chart.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on April 19, 2020, 03:53:28 PM
When i went on to file it didnt ask last day of work or return date.  It just said "you havent received benefits since feb 2020 is that bcz you worked"?.  I clicked yes.  Then it just said its been submitted for processing.  That never happened b4.  Did anyone else see this?

Hmm ... that's unusual, but as long as it says it's been submitted. Check back and see if it says it's  processing the claim or something like that.

wheresmymoney!

Yeah it seems ok but i thought it weird.l that it didnt ask those questions as the usual.i guess ill check tomorrow to make sure it was processed. 

PROUD MEMBER

Here's the bottom line just fill out your unemployment as you usually do with your opening a new claim or you have an existing claim. If your new hire you put down your last day of work was April 8 if you senior member you put down your last day at work was April 10. Return date for everyone is 4/20/20.
Everyone regardless if you file a new claim or have an existing claim will get their usual unemployment +600.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on April 19, 2020, 04:09:44 PM
Here's the bottom line just fill out your unemployment as you usually do with your opening a new claim or you have an existing claim. If your new hire you put down your last day of work was April 8 if you senior member you put down your last day at work was April 10. Return date for everyone is 4/20/20.
Everyone regardless if you file a new claim or have an existing claim will get their usual unemployment +600.
That's what I've been trying to tell you.

I left the return date blank, just my preference.

Also, if filing a new claim, you must say you're out of work due to COVID-19 to the get waiting week waived.

WigWag16

Yeah last week and this week I put last day of work the 8th and return date blank. Also had to fill in all the info again this week like we had to fill it out last week

LMAO

Buzz hope all is well !  Can you verify we are still getting paid 85% from Pioneer after this week ? this was my last week on my book and have to open a new one ,so if we're still on the pay roll I'll hold off till June, thank stay safe