Three Days Pay Last Week?

Started by Buzz, December 18, 2020, 10:52:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Guess there's no such thing as guaranteed weeks any more ...
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 18, 2020, 10:52:53 AM
Guess there's no such thing as guaranteed weeks any more ...

Forgot I was getting a shitty paycheck today lol 🤦🏻‍♂️....you didn't get 5 days?

TheKid24

Well next week should be a fulls weeks pay with the snow day for ALL

Hammer2161

Andrew was making a list of drivers who didn't get a full weeks pay last week. Not sure if it pertains to everyone or just drivers that fall under the legacy contract. Either way he needs you to let him know I am guessing they will be going to arbitration just like the previous week.
This really does suck with the no more guaranteed weeks !!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 18, 2020, 01:12:47 PM
... I am guessing they will be going to arbitration just like the previous week.

Oh, they are ... no doubt. (And will prevail.)

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on December 18, 2020, 12:55:52 PM
Forgot I was getting a shitty paycheck today lol 🤦🏻‍♂️....you didn't get 5 days?

No, but legacy drivers were supposed to.

Oh, well ... pay me now, pay me later. Might take a couple of months to schedule a hearing but we'll get in in arbitration.

(The same with Christmas adjustment, if that becomes an issue.)

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on December 18, 2020, 02:48:01 PM

Oh, well ... pay me now, pay me later. Might take a couple of months to schedule a hearing but we'll get in in arbitration.

Sounds fun lol...asked Andy for copy of the MOA today was told he will give it to me next week....

Hammer2161

Not sure if by Christmas adjustment you mean the accrual check but just so you know he did pay the opt out money. So I am hopeful he will pay the Christmas accrual as well.  But I guess this being 2020 anything can and will happen.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on December 18, 2020, 02:48:01 PM

christmas adjustment... bingo that was the question i have been waiting to be bought up...will it appear on the 23rd or will it be another arbitration...

Buzz

Technically Christmas and Easter are "adjustments" and summer is "accrual" though we use the terms interchangeably.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 18, 2020, 04:49:18 PM
christmas adjustment... bingo that was the question i have been waiting to be bought up...will it appear on the 23rd or will it be another arbitration...

Well, last year we got it on the 19th (I just checked) so between that and not paying people for full weeks, I'm a little skeptical.

yabba

yes last year i think the 19th was our last day...i dont think we worked the 23rd on monday....  fingers crossed

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 18, 2020, 04:58:13 PM
yes last year i think the 19th was our last day...i dont think we worked the 23rd on monday....  fingers crossed

Forgot about that. Yes, you're right. The teachers stomped their feet about having to go in for one day and won, of course.

So there's still hope ...