NOBODY Should Open a NEW Unemployment Claim Yet!

Started by Buzz, May 02, 2020, 03:49:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Normally we know that if you have to open a new unemployment claim that you do it the first day you're out of work. That's "normally."

If you do that in this case, and if the PEP approves payment to contractors at Thursday's meeting, you will screw up your unemployment because you would get paid from Pioneer for the coming week. Remember, there is no waiting week and you would be paid unemployment from the first day you were out of work. You can't get paid and get UI benefits for the same week ... obviously.

Worst case scenario, if it's voted down Thursday, you could still open a new book Friday, Saturday or whenever.

For those who already have an open claim, you would not claim until next Sunday, May 10 ... if it becomes necessary.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on May 02, 2020, 03:49:15 PM
Normally we know that if you have to open a new unemployment claim that you do it the first day you're out of work. That's "normally."

If you do that in this case, and if the PEP approves payment to contractors at Thursday's meeting, you will screw up your unemployment because you would get paid from Pioneer for the coming week. Remember, there is no waiting week and you would be paid unemployment from the first day you were out of work. You can't get paid and get UI benefits for the same week ... obviously.

Worst case scenario, if it's voted down Thursday, you could still open a new book Friday, Saturday or whenever.

For those who already have an open claim, you would not claim until next Sunday, May 10 ... if it becomes necessary.

IF we do claim on the 10th are we checking off lack of work or is there a write in option where we have to write furlough?

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on May 02, 2020, 04:22:28 PM
IF we do claim on the 10th are we checking off lack of work or is there a write in option where we have to write furlough?

I don't think there's any write-in option. I think one choice is "There was a lack of company operating funds/orders" but, my opinion, "Lack of work." It's true, but do as you see fit ... if they even ask. (Might not even get the "Break in Claim" questions.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.