AKR and SKATING RINK PARKING

Started by Gary 209, August 25, 2015, 02:28:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gary 209

Hope Everybody had a good summer vacation!  :yes:

Well there's good news and bad news with our parking, as we all knew before we left.

The Good news is we still have a few spots at the storage yard (across from Lowe's) until the end of Sept., and I also secured enough parking spots behind (in the back) of the Skating Rink on AKR.

I know everybody feels it's far, (only 2/10s of a mile more than the storage yard) but Hopefully there will be a shuttle and Our fellow drivers that are at Sharrotts will stop and pick us up as they pass AKR yard.  :yes:

The Bad news is the monthly rent is $30., and a $30. deposit ($60.) before you park at either location. I know we never had a deposit before, but both places want the payment on the 1st of the month now! It was the only way we could keep the parking spots. :cry2:
The deposit will be returned if you leave before the 1st of the next month. I can now do partial and weekly parking at $10.00. for either.

Just to make it clear you Must have a deposit No exceptions.  :yes:

As far as who will park at which yard.  :crazy:

Everybody that was a member in AKR storage yard in June could park there "Only" for Sept.. Same parking directions. I secured it Only for Sept.. October we lose 1/2 the spots.

Spots at the Storage Yard will then (in October) be given to the members that are there the longest. I think that's the only fair way, and then on after that.

All New members will park behind the skating rink.

Spot locations will be assigned at the skating rink, which are marked in the pavement.

There is NO PARKING in the Front of the Skating Rink, Under ANY Circumstance!   :thumbdown:

I am collecting this week, until we go back to work. You Must be "Paid in Full ($60.)" before the start of the new work year. You can call me to meet up!

You can park this week at AKR yard for your classes or pick. Please don't block in RNS Collision cars that are there.

I am still in negotiations with the new owner of the property, but supposedly he leased the land to a car dealer.

Only one more thing, No one is allowed to walk in the back of the yard  :snicker:

Thanks

Gary (no bus)

worker341

I think Neil should be paying for the parking lots. I would like to know if there was no place to park our cars how would  we get to work. Gary you put alot of your time in finding parking areas for us to park our cars what ever you put in your pocket is well worth it. However maybe we should try to call Oddo and see what he can do for us, And explain to him how much it cost us to park our cars and just maybe he can do something for us like taking down the no parking signs or allowing us to park in the old prison parking lot and last, maybe allow us to park on bothe sides of the street on Arthurkill Rd.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on August 26, 2015, 01:40:35 AM
I think Neil should be paying for the parking lots. I would like to know if there was no place to park our cars how would  we get to work. Gary you put alot of your time in finding parking areas for us to park our cars what ever you put in your pocket is well worth it. However maybe we should try to call Oddo and see what he can do for us, And explain to him how much it cost us to park our cars and just maybe he can do something for us like taking down the no parking signs or allowing us to park in the old prison parking lot and last, maybe allow us to park on bothe sides of the street on Arthurkill Rd.

How do you figure? Does any employer, any place, owe their employees parking? What about people who work in Manhattan? The cost of parking would be prohibitive, so they take mass transit ... nothing to stop us from doing same. However, you might have a point about getting some of the parking regs changed.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

hognol

Quote from: worker341 on August 26, 2015, 01:40:35 AM

You want Neil to pay for our parking? He wants to destroy us with our contract and raise the medical but you think he should pay for our parking. Oddo doesn't give a shyt about how much we pay for parking. Also, how is he going to allow us to park in the old prison? It's privately owned.