Get a letter from DMV?

Started by Buzz, May 08, 2014, 06:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I contacted Andrew Lanza's office to see if they could help with the problem of the DMV being so far behind in updating our medical certificates on our driving records ... and the ensuing letters of suspension.

The woman who deals with the DMV in Lanza's office is Justine and she was VERY helpful. She said her contact in DMV in Albany can have our records updated for her posthaste. (I sent her a copy of my certificate and license.) I've made Maria in the office aware of her but you can call her yourself if you're having a problem ... 718-984-4073, just ask for Justine.

(Coincidentally, it turns out that Justine is the daughter of one of our drivers!)

Please note correction made above: Her name is Justine, not Justina
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Sent my medical certificate to Justine around noon today. Just checked MyDMV now and *poof* my expiration date is updated!! Now that's service!!

Thank you, Justina:thanks:

Buzz

Just found out that you CAN fax or e-mail a copy of your updated medical certificate to DMV.

Fax: (518) 486-4421 / (518) 486-3260

e-mail:  dmv.sm.CDLMedCertUnit@dmv.ny.gov

Source: http://www.dmv-department-of-motor-vehicles.com/frame_form_ny.php?linkname=/org/commercial-drivers/commercial-driver-license-downgrades

BTW because the topic came up this morning in the drivers room, on the page in the link above the zip code for mailing your certificate is given as 12220-0601. On another page it's given as 12228-0601.

Either is correct. Did a little research and found that 12228 is a unique zip code for DMV's physical location and 12220 for the P.O. in which their P.O. Box "0601" is located. It'll get there. (But it STILL won't be updated in time!!!)