Keep Your Ears and Minds Open Thursday

Started by Buzz, April 02, 2013, 01:59:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

faceit

Quote from: yabba on April 04, 2013, 03:44:24 PM
Quote from: Buzz on April 04, 2013, 11:46:28 AM
Quote from: yabba on April 04, 2013, 10:14:35 AM
well the way i see  1181 baked the cake with the letter 1181 printed and gave us a few days before the contractors iced the cake a few days later with their letter   :wink1: :wink1:

Well ... how about they had advanced knowledge that the contractors' letter was coming out and forewarned us? I don't believe there was any collusion between the two ... the union's fight to have it nullified would defy that logic.

i understand your point buzz,but my point is 1181 gave me facts that the contractors are loosing money and cant afford our wages anymore...and also told us not to believe any rumors till the official word comes from 1181,well the contractors proved the rumors to be true before 1181 ..i dont blame ernie cause he just tells us what he is told,but as far as the executive board i lost all respect for them when they gave us that letter after we lost 6000.00 to boot.....maybe im understanding it all wrong but thats the way i see...as the big shame of it all is that we are the ones trying to survive in new york with our little salaries...we dont make almost as much as the president of the united states... :wink1:
BINGO WE HAVE A WINNER

mirrorcheck

I dont think its collusion. Honestly...I do know what i feel is that I have had enough of this constant downward spiral new age psycho melodrama. Enough is enough...life on the workfront for 2013 has been one disaster after another. I dont see the end in sight and its really unneeded.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Stugots

I hope someone kept their eyes and ears open because I could not make the meeting.  Can someone tell me what was said.  I had an emergency. 

yabba

Quote from: Stugots on April 05, 2013, 04:27:41 PM
I hope someone kept their eyes and ears open because I could not make the meeting.  Can someone tell me what was said.  I had an emergency.

basically everything is up in the air till the nlrb makes a ruling....union says we should win ruling and then companies will have to abide by old contract and more negiotiation for a new better contract then what was forced on us...if we loose nlrb case we use vaseline...  also if we looose nlrb ruling and we  must strike we will collect unemployment from day 1 of the strike,as per michael cordiello...

Stugots

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on April 05, 2013, 04:55:44 PM
...  also if we looose nlrb ruling and we  must strike we will collect unemployment from day 1 of the strike,as per michael cordiello...

Actually, yabba, it's just the opposite. He said if the NLRB rules in our FAVOR that we would collect unemployment from day 1. (I waited until I could double check this before replying.)

However, regardless of what the NLRB finds, I have done considerable searching on this topic and have not come across anything that says you would collect from day 1 except in the case of a lockout. I'm not saying that what we were told was incorrect, but I would have to see it in black and white myself before I accepted it as fact. I have requested to be directed to the source of information upon which this statement was made and will get back to you on it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on April 08, 2013, 02:04:04 AM
Quote from: yabba on April 05, 2013, 04:55:44 PM
...  also if we looose nlrb ruling and we  must strike we will collect unemployment from day 1 of the strike,as per michael cordiello...

Actually, yabba, it's just the opposite. He said if the NLRB rules in our FAVOR that we would collect unemployment from day 1. (I waited until I could double check this before replying.)

However, regardless of what the NLRB finds, I have done considerable searching on this topic and have not come across anything that says you would collect from day 1 except in the case of a lockout. I'm not saying that what we were told was incorrect, but I would have to see it in black and white myself before I accepted it as fact. I have requested to be directed to the source of information upon which this statement was made and will get back to you on it.

THANKS BUZZ..i have a feeling it is like our medical benefits for at least 90 days.... :yes: :yes:

faceit

WHAT MISINFORMATION I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on April 08, 2013, 02:54:52 PM
WHAT MISINFORMATION I CAN'T BELIEVE IT...

Don't jump the gun. I'm just asking for clarification as to the basis for making that claim and supporting documentation. Let's wait for the explanation/further information.

Buzz

OK, apparently a miscommunication between lawyer and union. We would only get unemployment benefits from day 1 if there was a lockout, or if permanent replacements were hired.