back pay part 3 - CHECKS CUT!

Started by Buzz, January 15, 2014, 12:41:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

All I can say is, of 1181, the NLRB, Neil and the DOE, the DOE is the last one I'd trust with my money! LOL.  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Again I stress the MOA states that Local 1181 directs the DOE to release the funds which the Local did. Before Neil put the MOA before us for ratification he should of included "AND UPON RELEASE OF THOSE FUNDS" but he didn't. So as far as I am concerned HE not US has a problem with the DOE and if the checks aren't in the NLRB's hands by tomorrow he is in defiance. Let's not forget before and during the strike how the DOE stressed how they had a contract with the contractors not us. I not only hope but I believe the checks will be delivered to the NLRB if not by tomorrow by Tuesday the latest.

1union

Not me niel impose a bullshit contract not doe.and he is a out right lyer.Remember how poor ole niel can't afford to pay us but can go out an buy brand new buses and so.e old ones too.He held our money not the DOE. He had insurance for the strike and for comp cases .He is the new gatto.

Buzz

Far as I'm concerned it was Bloomy and the DOE that started all this shit in motion. They hung us out to dry when they opened the first batch of runs for bid without the EPP last year ... and more (including Pioneer's!) this year. If something doesn't happen before May, and people don't like what they have now, they definitely aren't going to like what they get in 2015, I can guarantee it. Let's hope the current administration does something to make this right or we're all in trouble.

1union

I am with ya on Bloommy but just so disappointed in niel. If you would have told me that this would go this way I would have told you your nuts.  Let's see what happens tomorrow!

Buzz

BTW ... the YTD amounts in this week's paychecks should reflect the retro money. At least we'll all know how much we're getting.

WTF

Quote from: Buzz on January 16, 2014, 10:57:23 AM
Quote from: WTF on January 16, 2014, 05:20:13 AMApparently the DOE does Not trust Pioneer (Neil) either. If the DOE releases the money and neil doesn't pay us then what??? Now who is playing games? Do you still feel neil should get a break and we should feel sorry for him that he was mislead?

I'll answer your question with a question: Suppose Neil hands over the checks and the DOE doesn't release his money? What then?

So there is another side to the coin, my friend.

(FYI ... they're holding a couple of million, which is needed to cover the checks)

like proud member answer he would have to take legal action against the DOE.

Now if neil does send the checks to the NLRB tomorrow,  doesn't that says that HE HOLD OUR MONEY TO THE VERY LAST DAY? Which only confirms what 1 union has been saying and we all know whats true! He has lied to us and "you" again. What break do you want us to give? I know the break he deserves.

wheresmymoney!

FOR REAL! last friday the checks were to be hand delivered to the NLRB.  Is the NLRB no longer involved in giving us our money?   i thought they were supposed to mail it to us.  why does the story keep changing.  this is bullshit plain and simple.  the union doesnt want to trust neil bcz they probably think neil will just keep the money and not pay us which is k now is illegal but at the same time stalling can earn him more interest the longer he keeps the money i wonder how many thousands of dollars in interst he has accrued since last june.  i do know a live check is out there but you know, i cant believe we just keep getting screwed.  every single day they dont give us our money but take everything else contractually legal to benefit them, and the union.  nothing should have been put into play until we got our money in our hands that should have been the deal!  not the other assway around!

yabba

the checks were made like buzz said,and they check was taxed basically like a weekly checks plus a few extra tax dollars,but definately not taxed like a lump sum retro check...example i have friends with the city and when they get big retro checks they loose at least 1/2 in taxes we did not... but the light at the end of the tunnel is the checks are written so now we still wait and see what happenes...but on the other hand our easter check was nade in 4-2013 and we never recieved it and it was deducted in 12-2013  ... :perplexed: :perplexed: :perplexed: :perplexed:

wheresmymoney!

Yeah he's got a good point! Easter checks were cut and never distributed! Oh except for the mechanics.  I feel as if its never gonna happen.  This one blames that one back and forth end result we still haven't gotten it.  The union gets paid Neil gets new busses is our money ever coming? Really??

Buzz

Quote from: WTF on January 16, 2014, 07:37:30 PM
Now if neil does send the checks to the NLRB tomorrow,  doesn't that says that HE HOLD OUR MONEY TO THE VERY LAST DAY? Which only confirms what 1 union has been saying and we all know whats true! He has lied to us and "you" again. What break do you want us to give? I know the break he deserves.

How did he lie? Would you rather he doesn't send them tomorrow?

Buzz

Tell you what ... if any of you guys seriously don't think you're going to see your money, I've got a deal for ya'.

Tell me what you're owed and I'll give you 50 cents on the dollar. When we do get our checks, you sign yours over to me. If we don't get them, I'll give you the remainder.

Any takers?  ;D

Rock Steady

My God I can't wait for this to be over.  The back and forth bickering is unf@$&ING believeable !   Buzz you must be exhausted.    BTW, I did the math on my YTD gross.  I think I'm short a couple of hundred on my back pay.  Any one else ?

Buzz

Quote from: Rock Steady on January 17, 2014, 02:10:14 AM
My God I can't wait for this to be over.  The back and forth bickering is unf@$&ING believeable !   Buzz you must be exhausted.    BTW, I did the math on my YTD gross.  I think I'm short a couple of hundred on my back pay.  Any one else ?

The earnings statement that comes with the check breaks down each amount owed ... for instance, Easter and summer accruals are separate items, etc. You'll better be able to tell what might be missing. Bound to be some discrepancies.

I'll tell you who would like this never to be over ... the lawyers for both sides. Ka-fu#kin-ching, Ka-fu#kin-ching, baby!

wheresmymoney!

Quote from: Buzz on January 17, 2014, 02:48:15 AM
Quote from: Rock Steady on January 17, 2014, 02:10:14 AM

The earnings statement that comes with the check breaks down each amount owed ... for instance, Easter and summer accruals are separate items, etc. You'll better be able to tell what might be missing. Bound to be some discrepancies.

I'll tell you who would like this never to be over ... the lawyers for both sides. Ka-fu#kin-ching, Ka-fu#kin-ching, baby!

ok do explain to me what's supposed to happen now that the checks are cut? Where do they go from here? What's the procedure that will put these checks in our hands ASAP!! Soon what's the next??  Is inky buzz that saw his check or is everyone's checks cut??