Mountainside

Started by Stugots, December 19, 2013, 03:27:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stugots

Heard that Mountainside is getting their backpay.  I thought we had to wait on the NLB.

John Eadicicco

And the plot thickens! Do you REALLY BELIEVE that the NLRB is holding up the back pay?????????? I haven't for ONE micro-second believed that!

worker341

I just heard fox news reported AE contracts were released. Bus Companies. are now working on contracts with the city to take over all the work AE had. Not sure if Drivers and matrons will fellow work. This a good time for Union to get some kind of EPP for the new work that will start when we go back to work. I think we should get alot of work and hope the people fellow the work with the same rate of pay. Now the bus companies have the city by the balls. Get a good contract and pay the rate. and again now is a good time to ask for the Epp to be put in those new Contracts. Union and Companies get together and fight for it now, and yes you too our new mayor speak up now for us. Now that you won  keep your promise!

sbdriver1

As an AE 1181 driver my delegate said that we most likely will stay on the runs we have now until the master pick in February. We'll see

Buzz

Quote from: sbdriver1 on December 21, 2013, 01:31:51 AM
As an AE 1181 driver my delegate said that we most likely will stay on the runs we have now until the master pick in February. We'll see

With your seniority you should be OK even in the master pick. Hope this works out well for you. Know it's going to be hard to enjoy the holidays with this hanging over your head, but try to stay positive.

Cheers.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: worker341 on December 20, 2013, 11:30:00 PM
I just heard fox news reported AE contracts were released. Bus Companies. are now working on contracts with the city to take over all the work AE had. Not sure if Drivers and matrons will fellow work. This a good time for Union to get some kind of EPP for the new work that will start when we go back to work. I think we should get alot of work and hope the people fellow the work with the same rate of pay. Now the bus companies have the city by the balls. Get a good contract and pay the rate. and again now is a good time to ask for the Epp to be put in those new Contracts. Union and Companies get together and fight for it now, and yes you too our new mayor speak up now for us. Now that you won  keep your promise!

I don't think they've been able to find takers for all the work as the DoE sent letters home indicating that alternate busing might mean special metro cards for some kids. (I think it is several hundred runs that are unsold ... if not more.) What happened to all these big companies that were just waiting for a chance to come in and put us out of business? I understand Reliant (owned by giant MV) is actually selling more than 300 of the routes they took last year.

But it is ironic that the city in now invoking the very thing they're selling out from under us ... the EPP. I believe none of this would have happened with Atlantic if it wasn't for Bloomberg doing what he did. To get to your point, those contracts already have the EPP and most are good until 2015. Whether they will be given extensions will remain to be seen. But you're right, we do have to use this to our advantage to help get the EPP reinstated.

I've heard Letitia James, the new Public Advocate, (next-in-line for the mayoralty if anything happened to de Blasio), has stuck very close to the Atlantic Express situation, has remained in touch with the union, and has vowed to make the EPP one of her first orders of business. Hopefully, between her and de Blasio we can return to some sort of normalcy. There might be a silver lining to the cloud of Atlantic's demise after all.

Goose623

Also the new speaker of the city council Melissa Mark Vivireto has been a big supporter of 1181 the drivers and matrons... I believe in the end this confusion and disaster bloomberg caused will help us get what we deserve in the end.. EPP.. AE going out of business has put this issue back in the news and with the parents.. It's actually a good thing. In my opinion.

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on December 21, 2013, 04:11:30 AM
Also the new speaker of the city council Melissa Mark Vivireto has been a big supporter of 1181 the drivers and matrons... I believe in the end this confusion and disaster bloomberg caused will help us get what we deserve in the end.. EPP.. AE going out of business has put this issue back in the news and with the parents.. It's actually a good thing. In my opinion.

Wow ... I didn't realize she was on board with us. Looks like we have a lot of support from people in positions to make a difference. In a way it's too bad this is happening at the end of Bloomberg's tenure. He created the monster but it will be de Blasio who will have to bear the brunt of parents' anger come Jan. 2. It may well be a good thing in the long run, though it will be a rocky road for a while for the employees involved ... including the ones previously laid off at other companies. Hopefully this will work towards the good of all.

yabba

you say mountainside getting backpay...well there is a ruling handed down 12-20-2014 from the national labor board on there website,its for pioneer and mountainside...i dont know if the ruling we are wating for...

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 22, 2013, 11:11:38 AM
you say mountainside getting backpay...well there is a ruling handed down 12-20-2014 from the national labor board on there website,its for pioneer and mountainside...i dont know if the ruling we are wating for...

Can't find ... have a link?

To copy the link, go to address bar at the top of your browser, highlight the url, right click, click copy, then where ever you want it to be just right click, then click  paste.

yabba

ill try right now...brb 
Quote from: Buzz on December 22, 2013, 11:38:03 AM
Quote from: yabba on December 22, 2013, 11:11:38 AM

Can't find ... have a link?

To copy the link, go to address bar at the top of your browser, highlight the url, right click, click copy, then where ever you want it to be just right click, then click  paste.

yabba

New York, NY
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
BEFORE THE NATIONAL LABOR RELATIONS BOARD
MOUNTAINSIDE TRANSPORTATION CO., INC.,
PIONEER SCHOOL BUS RENTAL, INC.,
PIONEER TRANSPORTATION CORP., RPM
SYSTEMS INC.,
and Cases 29-CA-100926
29-CA-100930
29-CA-100933
29-CA-100966
29-CA-101110
29-CA-101111
29-CA-101139
29-CA-101146
LOCAL 1181-1061, AMALGAMATED
TRANSIT UNION, AFL-CIO
ORDER
On September 20, 2013, Administrative Law Judge Raymond P. Green of
the National Labor Relations Board issued his Decision in the above-entitled
proceeding and, on the same date, the proceeding was transferred to and
continued before the Board in Washington, D.C. The Administrative Law Judge
found that the Respondents have engaged in certain unfair labor practices, and
recommended that they take specific action to remedy such unfair labor
practices.

yabba

On December 9, 2013, the Office of the Executive Secretary granted the
Respondents' request to withdraw their exceptions to the decision of the
Administrative Law Judge.1 Accordingly,
Pursuant to Section 10(c) of the National Labor Relations Act, as
amended, and Section 102.48 of the National Labor Relations Board Rules and
Regulations, the Board adopts the findings and conclusions of the Administrative
Law Judge as contained in his Decision, and orders that the Respondents, their
officers, agents, successors, and assigns, shall take the action set forth in the
recommended Order of the Administrative Law Judge.
Dated, Washington, D.C., December 20, 2013.
By direction of the Board:
Farah Z. Qureshi

yabba

buzz sorry about the mess on trying to post this nlrb,feel free to clean it up..i posted the ulr and copied the actual memo.. it doesnt seem to be what we are waiting for ,but it does specificly list pioneer and mountainside ,so maybe there is some truth to the mountainside backpay..