reliant bus company

Started by steve, February 09, 2013, 11:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve

maybe  its me but when united bus company went bankrupt , reliant came in and took
over more runs then any company since i ve been working as a bus driver and thats
30 years . they spent a huge amount of money like they new something was comeing
down the road. if the companies are complaining so much about  the EPP in the contract
then why did reliant take so many runs unless they had somebody on top like someone in
the mayors administration .  reliant had to know something ,and  have a connection  to take so many runs.   something stinks with reliant and the mayor
i wish someone with the same power could investigate both the mayor and reliant to see
if there is conflict of interest there.  i hope that before i am out  of a job,  it is found out,
wilcott does not have the proper credentials to run the DOE
then why doesn't someone challenge that,     thanks          steve

mirrorcheck

Steve...I have heard that rumor from more then a few people. Those few different people were credible and both had different reasons for saying this. I keep thinking of  this....we as drivers hear this information,then how hasnt the Union heard this by now and done something to expose whatever conspiracy or evil ties existed to create this. If true this by far would have to be a big conflict of interest if there ever was one.
          Best part is everyone with this story keeps saying Reliant,Reliant,no other name comes up and the 3 different people that told me all work for 3 different companies other then my own. The rumor should be put to rest. I did hear at my picket line a delegate was questioned not about Reliant,but about "is it true that a company has ties to Bloomberg"? His answer was we dont know for sure at this time. If it was known and can be proven,you bet they would swing that hammer. This could in and of itself end the strike and maybe walk Bloomberg out of City Hall for good, or at least we can dream!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

rc1790

I have been posting about the connection between Reliant and MV access a ride since the strike started. Reliant prepped their buses at MV's shop on Staten Island. They are the same company. Why do you think the mayor offered to use access a ride during the strike.There must have been a deal made when they bought United for a bargain. Don't be surprised if they bid on the runs tomorrow. They have the resources. There is definitely a conflict. Using MTA funded garage to prep private school buses?

rc1790

I also mentioned that we should be picketing at MV. Their drivers are 1181 at some of their locations. Don't be surprised if they start another school bus company to get new bids or buy out some 1181 bus companies. They have the money to easily do so. They have bus contracts throughout the country. If they can low bid and operate MTA access a ride contracts, why not school buses? They bought numerous new mini school buses for Reliant
at $65,000 each like they were buying candy. MV drivers transported them to be prepped on Staten Island during overnight hours. If it was legit, why was it done at night? They used MTA funded mechanics and the shop to prep school buses for a city bus contract.
Is that a conflict of interest? DOT inspections were also done there.

mirrorcheck

Rc...does this make a direct connection to Bloomberg ...im not so sure...It would seem huge if so. I also saw the same article in todays newspaper.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Buzz...I get that. Whats being implied is that bloomberg has a stake somehow in reliant.

Buzz

Bloomy started his attack on 1181 a couple of years ago when he put a couple hundred 1181 para-transit employees out of work. Then the pre-K ... now us.

http://www.nyctransportationaccess.com/news/2010/11/mta-cancels-access-a-ride-contracts.html

rc1790

I'm sure there must be a connection with one of MV's board members. As the article states it was their largest acquisition in their 36 year history. What company would take such a chance with no prior NYC bus contracts?
They must know something was in the works with future bidding.MV does not use unions. Most of their union's are run by themselves. The new bids will help them remove prior 1181 drivers from their company. Seems a little suspicious to me.

mirrorcheck

Rc....if someone all of a sudden made a huge acquisition of stocks and sold for a huge profit I am sure the SEC would be investigating for inside trading. This is the same from nowehere they come around and hit gold? How?WHo to,d them what?and when? Until thats answer the cloud will linger over Reliant.

rc1790

http://newcity.patch.com/articles/legislators-award-bus-contract-to-brega

Read this article. From Rockland. MV's lawyer Daus from the law firm Windels Marx was formerly appointed TLC commissioner by Bloomberg. 

steve

If you guys check the article about the law firm and the lawyer that represents MV/Reliant in rockland
You will see the link between Bloomberg and reliant
That lawyer used to work for Bloomberg and now works for reliant/ MV Transportation
I,ll bet you that reliant comes under a new name at the bids ,that's why he took the 500
Runs ,and the only way that he could get it was thru connections .
Check it out , it's clear that the same lawyer that MV has is the same lawyer that Bloomberg
Hired as taxi and limousine .
Looks like a link and if it is then this guy did this either because he has a stake in reliant or
He wanted to help his buddy at our expense.

Buzz

Quote from: steve on February 19, 2013, 01:10:12 PMLooks like a link and if it is then this guy did this either because he has a stake in reliant or He wanted to help his buddy at our expense.

If there is a connection, I would say it's the latter. A bus company, even one of that size, is peanuts to Bloomberg.

GMC JOE

I think Walcot is the problem . To bad we can post his salary to his counterpart in LA
In God We Trust