Cutting Run Coverage Hours

Started by Buzz, January 22, 2022, 02:53:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WTF

I didn't notice anything posted in the office or I haven't got any email from pioneer saying work coverage would change.

If this is the case (future) of what pioneer wants to do then Fxck Him and Don't cover ANY work! Of course there are WHOAS that will still do it for any amount. I say Fxck them too! We have to Isolate them and let them know they are a Piece of Shit for not standing by their fellow workers and union. We have over 20 drivers now doing 40+ hours ot and I can name each one!

Do you really think that Pioneer would give back runs? He would be losing a lot more money then paying us what he's paying us now. All Pioneer thinks about is money and not his workers who makes him that money. He has showed that in the past (contract). Let him get fined for not covering the work. As I hear there was about 200 schools (runs) that had to be covered on Friday. Give back the work see if it affects my pocket, the answer is NO!

As far as arbitration goes, that is just a ploy by the union to try and satisfy us. It's like can I have a hamburger TODAY and pay you in 6 months maybe, if we win.

Kid24

I saw Ernie coming out of the dispatch office and people coming out of the union office saying a lot of shit went down today(Friday) and Monday should be fun....

Slowbus

Quote from: WTF on January 23, 2022, 08:41:28 PMI didn't notice anything posted in the office or I haven't got any email from pioneer saying work coverage would change.

If this is the case (future) of what pioneer wants to do then Fxck Him and Don't cover ANY work! Of course there are WHOAS that will still do it for any amount. I say Fxck them too! We have to Isolate them and let them know they are a Piece of Shit for not standing by their fellow workers and union. We have over 20 drivers now doing 40+ hours ot and I can name each one!

Do you really think that Pioneer would give back runs? He would be losing a lot more money then paying us what he's paying us now. All Pioneer thinks about is money and not his workers who makes him that money. He has showed that in the past (contract). Let him get fined for not covering the work. As I hear there was about 200 schools (runs) that had to be covered on Friday. Give back the work see if it affects my pocket, the answer is NO!

As far as arbitration goes, that is just a ploy by the union to try and satisfy us. It's like can I have a hamburger TODAY and pay you in 6 months maybe, if we win.
💯%

Buzz

Keep your powder dry, folks. I'm hearing the company thought a little harder about their "edict" and decided that keeping it business as usual is in everybody's best interest. We'll find out for sure tomorrow morning.

(The union made it clear that it would challenge every single case of underpayment with arbitration ... but I wouldn't be surprised if some of your comments here helped with reaching a more driver-friendly decision  :rolleyes: )
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kid24

Damn right power to the drivers !

PROUD MEMBER

I'm happy for the "business as usual" and hope it stays like that but let's remember who we work for and what his "business as usual" has been over the years.
Bottom line he wants to make as much money as possible just as do we. That's why he owns a business and that's why we go to work. It's not to make the least amount.
Obviously this is a very complicated situation and there's a lot more involved.
At this time I won't even attempt to touch on everything. What I will say is the easiest solution to this is better contracts in order to get more drivers. Something that would not only benefit us and the future of our Union but at the same time in the long run, will benefit Neil because if he isn't careful he will bury his own company!

hognol

Typical Neil. We're covering his runs and getting compensated for it, just like he's getting compensated by the City of New York. Not one violation for a missed run, EVER! He can thank Carmine for it, but I'm assuming it goes unnoticed by the ungrateful and greedy owner. Wake up Neil, the majority of employees are dedicated, decent human beings just trying to earn a living. You're nothing like your father.

mirrorcheck

I will say this Carmine does a great job . That's a tough job to do. I wouldn't want it . Us drivers as usual put up with and have been great professionals throughout . Not defending the owner but it can't be easy running a corporation with all the inflation and regular headaches . Having said all that I just hope he sees us as the working partners to a better contract and more money for us all. Some of us that remain on suffered through a lot ( strikes ) to get to this point . I'm positive with the shortage and the great job we do that it's in our side ....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteTypical Neil. We're covering his runs and getting compensated for it, just like he's getting compensated by the City of New York. Not one violation for a missed run, EVER! He can thank Carmine for it, but I'm assuming it goes unnoticed by the ungrateful and greedy owner. Wake up Neil, the majority of employees are dedicated, decent human beings just trying to earn a living. You're nothing like your father.

Well, his father never had a "CFO" ... Chief Financial Officer. The way I see it, this guy, (won't mention any names but it's like a type of cracker  ;D ) gets paid to save Neil money. Let's just say he gets 100K a year. To justify his salary he has to save Neil at least that much, right? Else why the fuck would Neil want him, right?

So, the "overtime" (not really overtime) pay is a soft target. There's a lot of money there. But that's because there are SO MANY runs that have to be covered. It's phenomenal that Carmine is able to do it at all. What this kid does is crucial to this company's operation. They should be kissing his feet instead of crucifying him over money.

The CFO will just have to find some other way to justify his salary.

Kid24

Buzz given the situation and need for us do you see the next contract getting better for us new hires? If so what do you think will change to get better?

Personally I think top pay needs to be cut in half dramatically from 12 to 6 along with a raise to help us reach that in 6 years. I was originally told the offer was 19 years then 15 then settled on 12.

Buzz

QuoteBuzz given the situation and need for us do you see the next contract getting better for us new hires? If so what do you think will change to get better?

Obviously a new contract has to be a lot more attractive to prospective drivers but I certainly can't predict what will be.

It is my understanding that guys like you got a bit of a break already with your share of health insurance contributions being reduced to be in line with everyone else. Is that not the case?

Kid24

Cutting the medical in half is a good show in faith I guess but that's not enough. 45 dollars extra in our pocket for the work we do and DEMANDED of us with these buses besides just being a driver now in todays world isn't going to cut it. That's not even close to what has to be done. Yeah it's a few extra bucks in the pay check but we want top pay cut in half. Who the hell is gonna stay here or come in and wait 12 years for top pay. That needs to be the main vocal point. Top pay from 12 to 6 or 7 years. Cutting the medical to 45 dollars for medical isn't going to cut it. I totally agree the next contract needs to be attractive to in coming drivers BUT also to the drivers that help carry your company now especially during these tough dark times.

Buzz

I understand what you're saying and agree. But to get that reduction in medical deductions without even a new contract is a good start.

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on January 26, 2022, 02:03:18 AMI understand what you're saying and agree. But to get that reduction in medical deductions without even a new contract is a good start.
💯%

Slowbus

That's great news 45 is waaayy more reasonable than 91