How I Washed My Bus

Started by Buzz, March 04, 2021, 04:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Well, there's no way I can fit my bus down my narrow street but I really wanted to get some of that heavy winter crust off of it. Then it occurred to me that a piece of apparatus that is part of the years-long sewer project going on here in New Dorp Beach would come in handy,

It's a big container into which ground water is pumped and filtered, which then goes into a storm sewer and out to the ocean. This is to remove water to allow them to work and pour concrete below grade.

I just scooped a couple of buckets of water out of it, got a brush and got the job done in a few minutes. I learned from our bus wash that [apparently] you don't need soap.  ;D

There's something relaxing ... almost mesmerizing ... about watching this thing work.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

Buzz, you are almost a genius. Sounds like a Pioneer version of Dr Seuss. How I washed MyBus.

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on March 04, 2021, 04:54:48 PM
Buzz, you are almost a genius. Sounds like a Pioneer version of Dr Seuss. How I washed MyBus.

Oh no! Don't say that! I might be canceled too!!  ;D

faceit

So you took dirty water that the city is paying good money to make clean and turn the water dirty again and let it go into our sewers... HMMMMM
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: faceit on March 04, 2021, 07:33:20 PM
So you took dirty water that the city is paying good money to make clean and turn the water dirty again and let it go into our sewers... HMMMMM

Huh? I don't get what you're saying. The water I took from the container was crystal clear. I didn't dump anything back into the container. What I washed the bus with fell to the street ... no different than when it rains or washing your car in your driveway.

(Only used two 1/2 filled buckets, total. They're not "purifying" the water ... merely filtering the mud and sediment before it goes into the ocean.)

WTF

Let me understand this right. You took clean crystal clear water that was filtered so it doesn't pollute the ocean and got it muddy (dirty) and dump it into a sewer, which went right into the bay (ocean as you said). Now you think you did something good!  :snicker: You Polluted the bay with your mud and emissions particles that was stuck on your bus into the bay. Great Job! Maybe you should run for Mayor!  ;D :crazy:

Buzz

Then you wonder where people who want to cancel Mr. Potato Head come from.  ;D ;D ;D

faceit

All lives matter