Windows??

Started by TheKid24, February 25, 2021, 03:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Anyone hear the driver this morning say OPT was checking mask, how many students and ALL windows must be open? The hell is that crap. I've only been doing my Emergency windows,
Driver window and the two windows in the back that are naturally cracked. We were never instructed to have ALL windows and um do they want us to get sick with It still being cold....

Buzz

Didn't you get the email yesterday?

"Windows will remain open and with the air system on the bus in the non-recirculating mode during transit."

That's from OPT, not Pioneeer.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Golfnut

And yet they give out violations if the bus is too cold ! You can't make this shit up !! I can't wait to retire !!! It has nothing to do with Pioneer either ! It's the industry and OPT !!

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on February 25, 2021, 04:21:12 PM
Didn't you get the email yesterday?

"Windows will remain open and with the air system on the bus in the non-recirculating mode during transit."

That's from OPT, not Pioneeer.

Yes I got the email but do ALL windows need to be open. They didn't specifically say all need to be open. How you supposed to have every window open on a cold day, rain day or if you're at the school early and you can't idle

TheKid24

Also my bus is so old my last two windows are frozen to where they are
Semi cracked and I have one window in the middle I physically can't open but every window opens fully

TheKid24

The one window I have in the middle that doesn't open is it worth bringing to the mechanics after my run one day for them to fix or it's just 1 window Don't worry about it

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on February 25, 2021, 05:06:37 PM
The one window I have in the middle that doesn't open is it worth bringing to the mechanics after my run one day for them to fix or it's just 1 window Don't worry about it

I would write it up ... and take a picture of the write up slip. Then if you get a violation if it's not fixed, you're in the clear.

Buzz

And, true ... it's doesn't specify "all." They're purposely ambiguous ... as with everything else ... so they can pin your ass to the wall if they want to.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on February 25, 2021, 05:25:23 PM
Quote from: TheKid24 on February 25, 2021, 05:06:37 PM

I would write it up ... and take a picture of the write up slip. Then if you get a violation if it's not fixed, you're in the clear.

Gotcha thanks

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on February 25, 2021, 04:35:56 PM
I can't wait to retire !!! It has nothing to do with Pioneer either ! It's the industry and OPT !!

You got that right!! It's not the job itself. It's all the bullshit that surrounds the job. And OPT wonders why companies don't have enough drivers ...

TheKid24

I'm getting sick of this stuff lol my bus is 15 years old gimme a break if one window doesn't open.
It's so old my roof doesn't stay open either. I drive away five mins later it closes or shuts the second i hit a bump lol

OMG

Yeah . . . . I can't wait to get that one weekly paycheck per month (criminal)

Buzz

Ya' gotta laugh, though. Pull up to 24 this afternoon and see a woman inspector standing on the corner. Go to my slot and lower some windows. Kids get on the bus   ... they close the windows!!

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on February 26, 2021, 02:58:18 AM
Ya' gotta laugh, though. Pull up to 24 this afternoon and see a woman inspector standing on the corner. Go to my slot and lower some windows. Kids get on the bus   ... they close the windows!!

Lmaoooo, I could see her going in writing you up and you saying did you not just see what the hell happened.....

Well on a bright note I went back early and got a mechanic to fix my windows and hatches. Now I can have ALL windows open although it's dumb and only some should be open.

TheKid24

According to the sheet they gave out today in the office....you don't need to have ALL windows open.