Check Your BYE Date

Started by Buzz, December 27, 2020, 01:26:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

If your UI book expires tomorrow the 27th, you should open a new claim Monday, or certainly before the end of the week.

It appears from the notice that continues to be displayed on the UI website that the waiting week is still being waived.

https://www.labor.ny.gov/ui/claimantinfo/onceyouhaveappliedfaq.shtm
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

There are extensions still in place as well. I was able to extend my sons claim without opening a new book. Just something to think about and potentially look into.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 27, 2020, 05:44:13 PM
There are extensions still in place as well. I was able to extend my sons claim without opening a new book. Just something to think about and potentially look into.

I'm wondering why we weren't able to do that back in the spring and summer.

Eucerin

not for the week of 12/21 to 12/27?

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on December 27, 2020, 08:02:00 PM
not for the week of 12/21 to 12/27?

What do you mean? Not what?

Didn't you get paid for last week?

Hammer2161

Buzz, I have been trying to explain to everyone just continue to claim you don't have to do anything else. The extensions just kick in automatically.

Also Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and Happy New Year !!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 28, 2020, 01:48:06 AM
Buzz, I have been trying to explain to everyone just continue to claim you don't have to do anything else. The extensions just kick in automatically.

Also Merry Christmas 🎄🎁 and Happy New Year !!!!

Well, it didn't work that way for a lot of us a few months ago ... including myself. I was told I had to open a new book, so I don't know.

Holiday Greetings to you too!

OMG

You both are killing , my BYE is the 27th

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on December 28, 2020, 02:09:01 AM
You both are killing , my BYE is the 27th

All I can tell you is, if it only gives you the option to open a new claim, that's what you have to do. You can call and question it like I did, but I was told that, yes, I did have to open a new claim.

Hammer2161

OMG, my only advice to you is to try and just file a claim. It may be different because you potentially didn't exhaust all of your weeks based off your original claim. But when I got to that point with my son I just continued to claim and the system allowed it. Not sure why it's so damn confusing. BUT SERIOUSLY ARE ANY OF US SURPRISED AT THIS POINT !!!!

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on December 28, 2020, 03:19:40 PM
But when I got to that point with my son I just continued to claim and the system allowed it. Not sure why it's so damn confusing.

Because a lot of us were not given the option just to continue claiming weekly benefits ... only to open a new claim.

Why it worked for some and not others is beyond me.

OMG

So, I can either open a new claim today, or risk continuing a possible expired claim simply to be told I need to file a new claim.  🤦‍♂️ SMH !

yabba

i was told by UE back in august that my book was ending (benefit year end) so i needed to open a new claim...if my availible weeks was ending but my claim still had time, then it could have just been extended...  so i opened a new claim and waiting week was waived... after about 5 phone calls and many hours... hopefully things got better with the phone system...

Eucerin

Opened my book Dec 27...has anyone received payment yet for Dec 28 to Jan 3 week?

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on January 07, 2021, 01:26:39 PM
Opened my book Dec 27...has anyone received payment yet for Dec 28 to Jan 3 week?
Somebody else who opened a book that day said it told them it "could" take 3 - 6 weeks. I don't think it will take that long.