NYC school

Started by dunghue, November 27, 2020, 08:35:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

As the only major school system in the country to open schools, it's probably the ONLY good thing he's done as mayor to date. Why he let that accomplishment be hijacked by the UFT is beyond me. The threshold should never have been up to Mulgrew! I really believe that most teachers now realize that the classroom is the safest place to be and want to return. It's not them ... it's the fucking union.

If non-public schools can reopen ... even in red zones ... after testing protocols are met, why not public schools???
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

As much as it pains me to say this it was the Teachers UNION looking out for their own and with no regard for any other union workers that help to keep the schools running daily. But unfortunately as the representative of the teachers Mulgrew isn't tasked to worry about any other worker be it union or not. He succeeded in getting them a ridiculously low percentage as a threshold for wether they could stay open or be forced to close. But more importantly he made sure that in this situation they would still get PAID AND KEEP THEIR BENEFITS even while basically failing the very children who make it possible for them to even have a job.
Listen we all know that in person learning is by far the preferred method most if not all parents want for their children. But thanks to Dumblasio the BOE and Mulgrew they were able to instill enough fear in the parents and children that the opening of the schools was not the success they had hoped for. But now based on all the data since the schools have reopened both the parents and the BOE have realized that the schools are the safest place for the children to be. NOW THEY NEED TO FIX THE PROBLEM. WHICH SIMPLY STATED IS THIS RIDICULOUS 3% THRESHOLD.

TheKid24

He always bends over for the teachers union. The agreement should have been a 2.5-3 percent threshold IN THE SCHOOLS! Not the entire city, how are you gonna let outside factors factor into school closings. He and Carrazana are horrible

TheKid24

Hey Buzz so just spent an hour waiting for unemployment, spoke to a level 3 agent and she said unless I can prove I made more than 9,000 in the third quarter then they go by the Lowest 4th quarter of 2019, highest quarter. Can't use the 3rd quarter cause that's the filing quarter. I said so I'm being held accountable for not working April May June which is why my wages were low in the first place. She said well they don't factor in unemployment wages to the total amount for what we make in the quarters.
So being out of work those three months is what made my rate go down which is bullshit and makes no sense 🤦🏻‍♂️

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 27, 2020, 03:19:57 PM
So being out of work those three months is what made my rate go down which is bullshit and makes no sense 🤦🏻‍♂️

Doesn't make sense AT ALL! April, May and June of THIS year should not enter into determining your rate. I edited their example to conform to your particular case. My changes are made in red. You will see that the second quarter of 2020 should not even be a consideration if they go by your BASIC BASE PERIOD ... which they are supposed to do AUTOMATICALLY. Your "year" for their purposes should be from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020. Call again and TALK TO SOME OTHER DUMMY!

Click to enlarge.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 27, 2020, 03:59:00 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 27, 2020, 03:19:57 PM

Doesn't make sense AT ALL! April, May and June of THIS year should not enter into determining your rate. I edited their example to conform to your particular case. My changes are made in red. You will see that the second quarter of 2020 should not even be a consideration if they go by your BASIC BASE PERIOD ... which they are supposed to do AUTOMATICALLY. Your "year" for their purposes should be from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020. Call again and TALK TO SOME OTHER DUMMY!

Click to enlarge.

Lol I spoke to 3 agents then and 1 agent today. It is what it is. Not waiting on hold again for another hour or two. I'll suck it up but every which way I explain it to them that's their response and I'm stuck with 358 unfortunately because of April May June

yabba

this is very sad.... almost everyone of us dealt with a complete moron from UE during the pandemic.. and this is what is happening  to you and noone in UE wants to look into your concern and thats the fuked up part.... and they know they dont know what the fuk they are doing

wheresmymoney!

they should open the schools period!  the states rolling average should have nothing to do with the schools opening and these higher ups should have no say.  .2 percent is not grounds to close schools.  they need to do something and fast!!

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 27, 2020, 04:07:48 PM
Lol I spoke to 3 agents then and 1 agent today. It is what it is. Not waiting on hold again for another hour or two. I'll suck it up but every which way I explain it to them that's their response and I'm stuck with 358 unfortunately because of April May June

All I can say is, you're not working so you have plenty of time to wait on hold .... LOL.

If you don't want to call you can sign in to your account and send a message. It takes a couple of weeks (or more) sometimes for them to answer.

Or, you can print and fill out this form and include a note that the reason you're doing it late is because you were not aware or the 30-day mail in period and also that you tried three times unsuccessfully to correct this when you first opened your book. Don't give up so easily. I believe they are completely WRONG. Good luck.

https://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/ui/TC403HR.pdf

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on November 27, 2020, 04:18:01 PM
this is very sad.... almost everyone of us dealt with a complete moron from UE during the pandemic.. and this is what is happening  to you and noone in UE wants to look into your concern and thats the fuked up part.... and they know they dont know what the fuk they are doing

They're doing this guy wrong ... he's got to persist.

They hired a lot of new idiots when the pandemic hit and I don't think half of them even know what I've explained.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 27, 2020, 04:30:32 PM
Quote from: WTF247 on November 27, 2020, 04:07:48 PM

All I can say is, you're not working so you have plenty of time to wait on hold .... LOL.

If you don't want to call you can sign in to your account and send a message. It takes a couple of weeks (or more) sometimes for them to answer.

Or, you can print and fill out this form and include a note that the reason you're doing it late is because you were not aware or the 30-day mail in period and also that you tried three times unsuccessfully to correct this when you first opened your book. Don't give up so easily. I believe they are completely WRONG. Good luck.

https://labor.ny.gov/formsdocs/ui/TC403HR.pdf

Currently on hold like a schmuck again lol. I got it word for word of what you wrote in all your examples in going to say to them and go from there. Thanks again buzz

TheKid24

For some reason I wasn't able to click the example you made for me with the red marks you said

Buzz

Quote from: WTF247 on November 27, 2020, 04:35:08 PM
For some reason I wasn't able to click the example you made for me with the red marks you said

You mean you couldn't enlarge it? A lot easier for me to do as an attachment than this way, but here ...

TheKid24

Thanks got it. When I get a level 3 in probably 2 hours I'll go word for word of everything you told me. I'll let you know how it goes