Furlough

Started by Eucerin, November 20, 2020, 04:03:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eucerin

Need to ask, what are the chances that we will be Furloughed again? Did we get any protection with our contract? If so when?

Buzz

The chances are good we will be laid off if not working the week after next but that is yet to be determined. Le't get past next week first.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Eucerin

thanks trying to get my ducks in a row

WigWag16

Lemme get this straight. If older guys schools are closed for a while they can pick off guys runs who are working? I was under the impression as long as your school is open and you want to work it's your run, they can't pick it off.

faceit

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 20, 2020, 04:39:31 PM
Lemme get this straight. If older guys schools are closed for a while they can pick off guys runs who are working? I was under the impression as long as your school is open and you want to work it's your run, they can't pick it off.
How do you justify driver # 350 work and make 100% of salary and driver #10 who wants to work sit home at 85% salary... it's all about union seniority
All lives matter

WigWag16

Quote from: faceit on November 20, 2020, 04:45:10 PM
How do you justify driver # 350 work and make 100% of salary and driver #10 who wants to work sit home at 85% salary... it's all about union seniority

The guy making 85 percent is making top salary I don't think their pockets are gonna hurt missing the extra 15 percent to a guy getting sent to unemployment making nothing and likely not getting the 85 percent. That's how I justify it

faceit

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 20, 2020, 04:54:39 PM
Quote from: faceit on November 20, 2020, 04:45:10 PM
then maybe you should work for a non-union company this is what we pay dues for it's all about seniority.. I understand where you are coming from it's unfortunate times for us all hope it gets better soon.. every penny counts for us all at this time....

The guy making 85 percent is making top salary I don't think their pockets are gonna hurt missing the extra 15 percent to a guy getting sent to unemployment making nothing and likely not getting the 85 percent. That's how I justify it
All lives matter

Buzz

It's a union shop, bro. It's all about seniority.  But we all started out at the bottom and I can tell you first hand ... shit DOES run downhill. Sorry, but we've all been where you are and that's just the way it works.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on November 20, 2020, 05:00:46 PM

It's a union shop, bro. It's all about seniority. That's the way it works. But we all started out at the bottom and I can tell you first hand ... shit DOES run downhill.

So
This is a fact if number 8 isn't working he can pick off number 350 due to his school being closed

Eucerin

worst case scenario if we get furlough, don't we all go to unemployment?

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on November 20, 2020, 05:05:28 PM
worst case scenario if we get furlough, don't we all go to unemployment?

Of course.

It is best we all get furloughed before this dividing maneuvering takes place.

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on November 20, 2020, 05:08:46 PM
It is best we all get furloughed before this dividing maneuvering takes place.

All going back to work would be even better.

But would you be making any less being on unemployment even if others were working than you would if everybody was on unemployment?

faceit

Quote from: WigWag16 on November 20, 2020, 05:03:31 PM
Quote from: Buzz on November 20, 2020, 05:00:46 PM

It's a union shop, bro. It's all about seniority. That's the way it works. But we all started out at the bottom and I can tell you first hand ... shit DOES run downhill.

So
This is a fact if number 8 isn't working he can pick off number 350 due to his school being closed
yes that's what seniority is all about
All lives matter

LMAO

So let me get this straight when I enquired about a pick for the year Or second part of the year  I was told we can't because of COVID !  so your stuck on the run from last year , I Didn't hear to may senior people complaining about it then . So people who were looking to switch runs are shit out of luck and the non public school drivers who came in well past everyone else regardless of seniority were stuck . But wait now that the gravy train of very early or half day dismissal is shut down LETS HAVE A PICK BY SENIORITY !!🤬 what a absolutely shit show so there is no reason not to have a a second half pick , Right  . Question so what happens when this passes and it will pass do the senior drivers stay on there new late runs ? You chose your run in the beginning the good the bad and the ugly and if the driver doesn't want  to work his non public school by all means give it to a senior driver TO COVER but to throw people off their run is total BULLSHIT . Unity 😂  either have a pick or don't not only when it works for some !

AND Yes I'm in the top half of seniority , no this does not effect my run but I have to call bullshit when I see it !