39 Guaranteed weeks

Started by PROUD MEMBER, September 16, 2020, 07:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Since we are only getting 85% pay for Wednesday, Thursday and Friday, I'd assume it's not one of our 39 Guaranteed weeks but I've learned not to assume anything?!?!?!?

Buzz

I was told that it is NOT one of our 39 guaranteed weeks, (I don't see how it's not, but I haven't counted them myself), but so what? When we get 85% for a snow day, it still counts as a guaranteed week. Maybe I'm missing something.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Wether it's a guarantee week or not 2 days at 100% and  3days at 85% will surely amount to more than we would have taken home if we were on unemployment.  Ok not totally sure why it matters if it's a guarantee week or not but if I am missing something please feel free to educate me.

PROUD MEMBER

It use to make a difference when there were routes with just Catholic schools on the AM & PM especially when it was 40 guaranteed weeks. Reason being if the Catholic schools closed 2 weeks before the public schools and we still didn't reach the 40th week by contract you would still have to get paid. I doubt if there are any such routes like that anymore but there could possibly be a route that has a charter school and a Jewish school and if the both of them close a week or week and a half before public schools close and we still didn't reach the 39th week it would make a difference. So if the guaranteed weeks don't start until next week it would be in our benefit if such routes do exist.

Buzz

Yes, you would get paid, but you would have to shape. If they didn't need shapes they would often offer you to end your year and go on unemployment, but it was your choice.

Hammer2161

There still are some runs that have only catholic schools especially on special ed runs. From what I was told last year because i had a run like that was if I wanted to get paid for the guaranteed weeks I would have to come in and shape every day. The school was supposed to end on June 9th which was 17 days before the public schools.

Buzz

Also, there was no such thing as 85% back then, PROUD MEMBER.