ATU: Your Right to Refuse Unsafe Work

Started by Buzz, September 15, 2020, 02:00:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

This is on the International's website. According to them, it applies to COVID-19. I am in no way advocating that this be used by anyone in our predicament. We all know that OPT is above the law.

https://www.atu.org/coronavirusresources/STRAT_COVIDRighttoRefuse.pdf

I also found the DOL website has this info about reporting unsafe working conditions regarding COVID-19:

https://labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/coronavirus-complaints.shtm
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Gives us options but sometimes winning the battle also means you lose the war.

We are fucked whichever way this plays out.

OMG

Giving us an 800 number or a website to go to Report unsafe working conditions is embarrassing! Do something! Don't give us an 800 number or a website to go to, shameful!

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 15, 2020, 08:12:30 PM
Giving us an 800 number or a website to go to Report unsafe working conditions is embarrassing! Do something! Don't give us an 800 number or a website to go to, shameful!

What would you like them to do ... tell you not to go to work? Go on strike? Just asking.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

No Buzz, Just like most of us I wanna work. But just get some straight answers. Making sense out of that hand out Owen gave us that contradicted itself. If we have 10 or 11 kids on the bus but we still have five stops left to go do we keep going? What do we do it at our schools if the teachers want to put more than 10 children on our bus, do we go and put our health at risk? There's still too many questions that need answering before Monday. Trust me trust me,  I want and need to go to work but I'd like to feel safe and I'd like to feel that my company and my union are looking out for my health and well-being.

Hammer2161

Wanting to work and wanting to work safely should go hand and hand especially now.

Buzz I know you come here and inform us to the best of your ability. You only bring to us what has been provided to you. I would like to think that you feel the same way the rest of us do concerning the constant miscommunications regarding how many children we can have on our buses and the city's lame attempt at providing us with PPE.

With that being said we should all feel that we deserve more and be respected for voicing our concerns. The fact that Pioneer and in some instances 1181 dismiss out concerns without acknowledging there merit is a disgrace. I am not sure what our next move can or should be as a union but there should be something we can say or do without fear of repercussions.