ATU Proposal for Effects Bargaining

Started by Buzz, July 02, 2020, 08:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snypster

https://gothamist.com/news/nyc-education-officials-have-no-firm-plans-yet-deal-covid-19-outbreaks-schools-fall

Read the 4th from the last paragraph , it says the priority of the DOE  is to provide bussing to students with IEP mandates for transportation mandates, and they are working to develop alternatives in partnerships with the MTA and TLC.
Does anybody know what this means for us??

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously I don't know exactly what it means but if I were to guess it looks like they're suggesting getting rid of school bus contracts or at least some of them. If that be the case, will they need more MTA drivers that will be gotten from the school bus industry, who knows???
This is something that Michael and the Board should immediately look into!!!

snypster

Yes, hopefully the union will look into this immediately.
After seeing what the board of Ed did to the companies in May, nothing would surprise me anymore.

Buzz

"IEP mandates for transportation" would indicate special ed. As far as the reference to the MTA, probably talking about Access-A-Ride. TLC could be taxis, Uber, etc.

I don't think the DOE is going to be cutting runs any time soon. Adding them, if anything ... if they can find the drivers.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on July 10, 2020, 05:05:48 PM
"IEP mandates for transportation" would indicate special ed. As far as the reference to the MTA, probably talking about Access-A-Ride. TLC could be taxis, Uber, etc.

I don't think the DOE is going to be cutting runs any time soon. Adding them, if anything ... if they can find the drivers.

Agreed I don't see any runs getting cut. Given this situation you're going to need more drivers more runs. My question is when will Pioneer put together a plan? I assume roughly after Cuomo makes the announcement if the kids are going back into September? It can't be put together last minute because there is plenty to do driving wise before we jump back into picking the kids up

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on July 10, 2020, 05:23:59 PM
Agreed I don't see any runs getting cut. Given this situation you're going to need more drivers more runs. My question is when will Pioneer put together a plan? I assume roughly after Cuomo makes the announcement if the kids are going back into September? It can't be put together last minute because there is plenty to do driving wise before we jump back into picking the kids up

I think Pioneer can't do anything until the DOE comes up with a plan and stipulates what has to be done as far as vehicles, safety protocols, compliance, etc.

I've heard that the shop employees have all been called back to work so maybe they're catching up on inspections, maintenance and whatever.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

driver

Bloomberg tried that when we were on strike..it didnt work..and Neil has a contract still ..right?? Other bus companies are transporting children to daycare camps...I still think we will be driving children to school..