Speed Camera Guyon Ave.

Started by Buzz, October 09, 2019, 02:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

There's a fixed speed camera on Guyon Ave at Elmira, facing you as you head towards Hylan Blvd.

I have heard there are 2 on Todt Hill Rd. in the vicinity of Staten Island Academy. Can anyone confirm?

If you know of others please post them here.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

hognol

Arthur Kill Rd Opposite IS 25 heading towards Tottenville.

Buzz

SONOVABITCH!!! Don't you know that after posting that yesterday I forgot all about this morning driving up Guyon (away from Hylan) and got "flashed?!!" (I don't know if it works in the other direction too.)

I agree with councilman Steven Matteo who is trying to get a bill passed requiring the city to post signs indicating where these cameras are. This isn't about safety, this is about money.

The city is making big bucks off this scam. Read on ...
https://www.silive.com/news/2019/10/455-per-minute-nyc-speed-cameras-issue-over-28m-in-fines-following-expansion-data-shows.html

yabba

bloomingdale road just passed richmond parkway going down hill to amboy..... they seem to be going up  on a daily basis.... cha ching   

rc1790

Hylan Blvd  and Chelsea St towards Conference House
Armstrong Ave and Amboy Rd towards Hylan Blvd

hognol

Quote from: Buzz on October 09, 2019, 06:02:26 PM

SONOVABITCH!!! Don't you know that after posting that yesterday I forgot all about this morning driving up Guyon (away from Hylan) and got "flashed?!!" (I don't know if it works in the other direction too.)

I agree with councilman Steven Matteo who is trying to get a bill passed requiring the city to post signs indicating where these cameras are. This isn't about safety, this is about money.

The city is making big bucks off this scam. Read on ...
https://www.silive.com/news/2019/10/455-per-minute-nyc-speed-cameras-issue-over-28m-in-fines-following-expansion-data-shows.html

Speed cameras only work in the direction in which they are pointed.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on October 10, 2019, 11:24:49 PM

Meaning to capture the rear plate, yes?

hognol

Quote from: Buzz on October 11, 2019, 01:00:11 AM
Quote from: hognol on October 10, 2019, 11:24:49 PM

Meaning to capture the rear plate, yes?
Sorry I wasn't clear, yes.

JAKE

NEW CAMERA ON AMBOY ONE BLOCK BEFORE GUYON GOING TOWARD G.K.

topgun

College Ave, between Jewett and Woolley