New Contract Discussion

Started by Buzz, February 09, 2016, 05:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Looks like we'll know what's what either later today or early tomorrow. Just wanted to start a new thread for that discussion so as not to add on to the "Secrecy" thread. Post your comments here.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

4real

Does it come with VASOLINE? or should we bring our own?? :wink_cheesy: :wink_cheesy:

PROUD MEMBER

So than it's a done deal. Approved, signed, whatever? The bottom line is that it is ready for the Membership to review? Is that correct?

Grrr

Quote from: Buzz on February 09, 2016, 05:36:52 PM
Looks like we'll know what's what either later today or early tomorrow.

7 1/2 months of keeping the membership in the dark.    It better be worth it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 09, 2016, 07:21:53 PM
So than it's a done deal. Approved, signed, whatever? The bottom line is that it is ready for the Membership to review? Is that correct?

Ernie is on his way to the union hall as of the time of this posting (4:30 p.m.), as Michael and others are on their way back from Albany. He says everybody will have copies of the MOA tomorrow morning.

(I think it's safe to say we won't be getting anything near the 32% increase the city council voted for itself.)

worker341

Just remember if you don't like this contract vote no or accept the contract and don't bitch about it. Don't fall for the best and final bullshit, vote no or deal with it. By the way that includes me. ( vote yes don't bitch, or just vote no and we can still bitch.

yabba

im looking forward to getting back 3/4 of the 3600.00+ i lost in last contract..so thats 2700.00 plus raises for the next 3 years... thats the only way i might vote yes..

Buzz

Yes, worker341 makes a good point. It is not Michael's job  (or Ernie's, for that matter) ... or right ... to decide what is a good contract. It is his OBLIGATION to present to us their offer and it is up to us to decide whether to accept it or not.

Grrr

Quote from: yabba on February 10, 2016, 12:31:51 AM
im looking forward to getting back 3/4 of the 3600.00+ i lost in last contract..so thats 2700.00 plus raises for the next 3 years... thats the only way i might vote yes..

Don't forget a 2% yearly cost of living adjustment (COLA) for the last 3 1/2 years and add that 7% to your loss.

PROUD MEMBER

Yabba
I have no idea what the new offer looks like but I'm pretty sure that you will be voting no. $2700 plus raises! Sounds great but I think that's a stretch. Let's hope I'm wrong. We'll see tomorrow.

LMR

A no vote leaves you with his best and final offer.There will be no going back to the table for a new agreement.Lets hope this MOA is respectable.We certainly waited long enough.

yabba

Sad pitiful disgrace    Is this a joke   

4real

Did I read it right that we get all our accruel money(5 days a check) at the end  of our contract  June 2018??? Are you fu€king kidding me this contract is a fu(#ing JOKE!!!!!!!we got nothing back!!!! VOTE NO!!!!!

Rock Steady

Holy crap, look where our sick days are coming from !

4real

so we DID NOT get back xmas week we DID NOT get back Feb week we DID NOT get back the 4 hours for working a holiday we DID NOT get back the full pay for snow days.. But we have to pay for sick days, and if i read it right  we dont get full 5 days of accural checks until june 2018... are you fuc&ing kidding me the owners lost NOTHING and continue to take from us... Good job Michael i think its time to go now you've done enough Damage!!!!!! :thumbdown: SHAME ON ANYONE WHO TRIES TO JUSTIFY THIS WASTE OF PAPER!!!!!<<<<<<<<<<<VOTE NO!!!!!!!>>>>>>>>>>>>>