The land of make believe

Started by gigi11744, December 30, 2015, 01:01:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gigi11744

:thanks: :thanks: :show:

WakeUp123

Are you saying all the 'union" problems were caused by the group 'MEMBER FOR CHANGE" in the last 5 years like benefits lowered, different pay scales, unemployed drivers, individual company contract negotiations, no paid overtime, no raises for 5 years is their fault? I thought the Cordiello crew was in office?

gigi11744

All problems brought on by members of change and you are in denial ,,, but the court jesters usually are....

Buzz

Quote from: gigi11744 on December 30, 2015, 01:01:41 PM
There was a time when this Union was strong,it had its problems but it was strong,then comes a knight in shinning armor we shall call this knight (MEMBERS FOR CHANGE) .Now they were led by the  the over lord Eddie Kaye ,and his Right hand men John Bisbaine (R.I.P )and Thomas Salerno,Now these Band of merry men were going to save us from a union that they said was corrupt ,stealing our money,But every week my paycheck was there,my raises were always fair,and like clock work contracts were done with any drama,our pension was a little weak,but it was solvent,our medical was free and probably one of the best,everyone was working ,everyone had the same pay scale ,vacation and,overtime was always paid,union got theirs,owners got theirs and we got ours,Now things have changed thanks to our white knights ,haven't had a raise in 5 yrs,I'm paying more and more for my watered down medical,different pay scales for union members,4500 working men and women were out of work,no more overtime,vacation pay slashed,accrual pay slashed ,snow days slashed,now owners are stealing our money not the corrupt Union like our white knights have alleged.Now because of all this they have the balls to lay this on the unions shoulders.. Thank you my Brave White Knights you have done all of us a great service,

You 100% correct!! It was the dime-droppers, the whistle blowers that killed this local! (BTW, the name was Bisbano.) Yep, they wanted to "Clean up the union. Throw out the trash." Well, I hope they and all their supporters are happy with what they did. They and they alone are responsible for where we are now. And they want us to put them in office so they can "save" us again.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WakeUp123

Buzz, how exactly did the "MEMBERS of CHANGE" kill this local? Were they responsible for the last contract? Were they responsible for Neil RENEGING on the last contract that took money away after the contract was signed? Were they responsible for the union negotiating separately with the companies they represent weakening the cornerstone of the American Labor movement "COLLECTIVE BARGANING"? Were they responsible for owners refusing to pay OVERTIME? Were they responsible for the decrease in BENEFITS? Were they responsible for the DISASTEROUS STRIKE THAT GAINED NOTHING?

I don't know Buzz, I don't remember these guy's in office in the last 6 years I only remember the Cordiello crew in power.

PROUD MEMBER

Again obviously some people just don't comprehend what they read. Go back and read Buzz's reasoning and you will see how he justifies Members for Change indirectly causing all that you mention. If true or not I don't know but I can believe it very easily. And again let me remind you NOBODY FORCED ANY OF US TO SIGN THE LAST CONTRACT. I don't recall hearing you (whoever you are) at the yard telling Members to not sign it. And I definitely know you were not on this site saying don't sign it. And again let me remind you I think at our yard alone (SI) the vote was approximately 400 to 20 in favor of the contract. Obviously, Cordiello is in part to blame but many of us are not that much better.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 31, 2015, 01:20:46 AM
Go back and read Buzz's reasoning and you will see how he justifies Members for Change indirectly causing all that you mention. If true or not I don't know but I can believe it very easily.

Believe me, if the old regime were still in control (and we had the muscle behind us that we used to), NONE of the shit that's been happening in the last few years would be going on ... including what Bloomberg did to us. Instead, Members for Change, et al, put the best president we ever had behind bars. People can argue all day as to whether it was justified, but as another poster said, we always got OURS. No fault of Michael's that he doesn't have the same "backing."

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I agree with you 100% about the old regime. When I said I don't know if it was true or not I was referring to if Members for Change were in plain english Rats.

John Eadicicco

YOU ALL talk out of your asses!!!!!!!!!!

PROUD MEMBER

So it's not true? Tell me John, I think you would have a better idea than most.

gigi11744

Easy there John give us your insight,, not a derogatory remark, we always sit and talk John I respect you ,u have another take on my comment,remember though that it's just my thoughts on the matter,but I'll say it once more ,with the other guys heading  up the union this nonsense would not be happening

PROUD MEMBER

John
Let me get into a little more detail because as I'm sure you know if there's anyone's opinion I value it's yours. You're last post "YOU ALL talk out of your asses!!!!!!!!!!" I would assume that includes my posts? Yes or No? Is yes, please clarify why. First let me summarize what I have said over the last few days.
1. I believe in the idea of a Union and being respectful to all no matter what their opinion.
2. I believe that once someone is elected to Office whether or not that was the candidate I wanted, once the majority has spoken I have to rally behind that person. That's not saying I have to agree with everything he/she says or does.
3. The majority of us at Pioneer on SI voted for Michael twice. The 2nd time definitely being the reason he is in Office today.
4. As far as the separating of each property into different contracts which I don't agree with at the time I really didn't hear much resistance from anyone at Pioneer.
5. With regards to the state of our Local and specifically our current contract at Pioneer obviously Michael being the President has to take some of the blame but we the Members have to carry some of the blame also because we (the overwhelming majority) voted Yes when offered that contract.
6. Not many Members at Pioneer speak up until after the fact if they speak up at all.
7. Obviously for whatever the reason and no matter what was going on rank & file Members were doing much better under the old regime.
8. I said I didn't know if it was true or not if Members for Change were responsible for that regime getting kicked out of Office and ASKED if it was true.

That basically not only sums up my recent posts on this site but basically my views as a Member of this Local. So I'll ask again ... What part, if any of the above is talking out of my ass?

WakeUp123

Proud Member, you cannot blame someone on one hand then defend them on the other. Yes Cordiello and crew were voted in twice ,the union was in the midst of chaos, promises were made and the platforms and opinions of the other candidates were shouted down on this site by Buzz and others. When the other candidates came to the yard they were chased away. I really have no clue what or how they were different because of the above practices. All I know is what we heard at pioneer and how Cordiello was the second coming. I have to say I DID AND DIDN'T vote for the slate. I abstained but then found out that all non votes were counted for the incumbent. But just because he was elected no way means I have to rally behind them. I HAVE LOST TO MUCH IN THE LAST FEW YEARS, and giving them a blank check because of 'union brotherhood" is absurd.

You stated that many members don't speak up till after the fact, well DAH. HOW DO YOU COMPLAIN ABOUT A PROBLEM BEFORE IT HAPPENS?

You also stated that Michael his 'partly" at fault for the contract but we are to blame as well for voting for it.BULLSHIT they are 100% at fault. They SOLD IT TO US! And as good UNION members we gave them RESPECT and RALLIED behind them until the truth came out and the provisions of the contract were reneged by Neil. Oh well I guess we should just be lucky we have jobs ...right?
I guess the union had other things on their minds like buying new buildings in LI or hiring relatives for 100k plus or paying secretaries 75k plus for answering the phones.

This job from what I hear yous to be great, how long before we are making the same salary as the fry cook at McDonalds?

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 31, 2015, 10:46:38 AM
8. I said I didn't know if it was true or not if Members for Change were responsible for that regime getting kicked out of Office and ASKED if it was true.

I know I already replied to this in another post but I left out Tommy Nero, who did not belong to MFC, but had his own agenda, (namely, getting elected president) and even secretly recorded conversations to bring to authorities. So I can't give all the "credit" to MFC for destroying this local, both dissident factions were equally responsible. And when it comes to talking out of asses, THEY WROTE THE BOOK!